Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Behind Every Great Man is a SURPRISED WOMAN

My Entry to Sketches in Thyme #84 Challenge & Frosted Designs Fabulous Friday Patterned Paper Only Challenge


I joined two challenge blogs last night and was inspired to make another layout.  Sketches in Thyme #84 Challenge has this sketch:



Frosted Designs Fabulous Friday Challenge on the other hand challenges scrappers to use ONLY patterned paper on any project (layout, cards or altered art), no cardstocks.

And here's my take on both challenges:
 

I just love putting unflattering and goofy pictures on my pages.  I find it extra harder to think of a layout or a title when subjects are "posed".  95% of my past layouts (especially those decades ago) are on the hilarious and funky side, mostly telling a story, or if not, just some random funny title like this.

I had this quote for a long time now and I forgot where I got it or who said it.  I had the words printed out on a rouge de garance Vivaldi paper pack collection, cut into strips, distressed and inked the edges.  I used two patterned paper tags as mount for the words SURPRISED WOMAN and used pearl brads to secure.  I used kraft paper twine as the main circle and simply tied a square knot (saves me having to put in another embellishment! LOL!).




 I printed out a retro winking woman on another Vivaldi paper, cut it into a circle, inked and used foam mounts to secure.  The arrow and stars chipboard embellishment is from All About Scrapbooking.


 The borders all around are from a single  PP from the Me & My Big Ideas Summer Dream paper pack collection. 

 

The other patterned paper I used (the circles one) is from DCWV paperpack from way back.  I just added a piece of maroon mulberry paper.  I sprayed the main background paper with my DIY alcohol inks.



Not only did I enjoy the sketch and the patterned paper only challenge but it proved to be a very non-expensive way to make something as nice as using the more pricey cardstocks. I have only used two individual 12x12 patterned paper and very small pieces of two 6x6 paper for this layout if you exclude the main background paper.  

Thank you Sketches in Thyme and Frosted Designs for your really interesting and fabulous challenges! Can't wait to do more of your challenges.


Thanks for dropping by & happy scrapping! :D

13 comments:

  1. What a fun layout!!! Love the bright papers and the twine circle!!

    Thanks for joining us this week at Frosted Designs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks,it's really a pleasure to do the challenge. :D

      Delete
  2. What a fun layout! Your title made me laugh out loud. Love the pictures and all of the great texture, too! Thank you for joining us this week with the Patterned Paper Only Challenge at Frosted Designs. Please play along again next time! Beverly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure to have joined Frosted Designs. Had fun with the challenge. I'm glad you enjoyed it. :D

      Delete
  3. I LOVE LOVE the title...so gonna use that and do a layout of my Mom & Dad...LOL!! I love how you used the sketch & all pp!!! You double whammy'd wonderfully !!! Thanks for joining us at Sketches in Thyme AND at Frosted Designs this week!!!! (Blessed to be on both DT's)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad that you like it! Thanks for dropping by! Looking forward to doing more challenges from both blogs! :D

      Delete
  4. I simply love your circle. I am going to try it myself!! Thank you for playing along at SIT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I saw it on some LOs in the scrapbooking.com gallery 2 or 3 weeks ago but I can't remember the scrapper's name.

      Delete
  5. wow........ great use of materials....... it's wonderful!
    Eli (Sketches in Thyme)
    http://scrap-colors.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Eli! Had much fun with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. fantastic colors and wonderful elements for this Lo
    Thank you for playing along with us at SIT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohhhh LOVE how you laid the sketch on the angle!! very cool, great page!! thanks sooo much for playing along with Sketches In Thyme!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it!!! Fun page and creative embellies!!! Thanks for playing with us @ SIT :)
    ~DT Kim

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think :D