Sunday, July 29, 2012

Bootleg - my 1st Creative Scrappers Challenge Entry

Hello fellow scrappers! Hope you're all having a relaxing Sunday today.

I've done an (almost but not quite) 30-minute layout last night following Creative Scrappers Sketch #216:

 
and here's my take on the sketch:


 
I've decided to use the photos of the last time I was with my highschool BFFs (the almost 19! of us in a wedding in 1996) and titled it bootleg because that was our group name.  We even have a mascot of sorts LOL!





Alphas were just random puff & foam stickers and mother-of-pearl beads (I ran out of O's! LOL).  
 

I've never done a smorgasbord-alphas for a title before, but on hindsight, I guess it best reflected our harmony and friendship in diversity, and we're still a bunch of pretties LOL!


I didn't use any patterned paper for background because I kinda liked how the white acrylic with glitters and alcohol inks turned out on this page -- it already has colors and texture. 

Instead of journal-ling, I printed all our names on a patterned paper.  

 
Flower cutouts came from the Pocketfull of Posies cardstock, the photo mount from Prima Odyssey collection, the title mount from an old DCWV paper pack.  Just added DIY flat-backed clay pearls and a wood button with a ribbon.  I just had to add the bootleg mascot somewhere (was kinda rusty but I guess I drew it okay & made me shake my head that decades after I still have no effing idea what it is! LOL!)


I wanted to follow the sketch religiously but I was adding on my A Happy Scrappy Life chipboard book album so I had to cram it all on an ~8 x 8 page.  Thank you Creative Scrappers for such a wonderful sketch --enabled me to reminisce on one of the happiest years of my life!

There you go.  Thanks for dropping by! Have a happy scrapping Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think :D