Friday, August 17, 2012

Filipino Scrappbookers Challenge #4 & Lasting Memories A Special Celebration Challenge

Hello everyone!

I'm still high from the reminiscing mode I was in this week, in celebration of my fraternity's 40th founding anniversary.  I already did a layout for my sorority sisters, this time I'm doing one to give a toast to my fraternity brothers.

Still into Lasting Memories A Special Celebration Challenge, I chose to follow the Filipino Scrapbookers Challenge Blog #4


A few alterations here and there and this is my take on the sketch:
 


I used red as my main background scheme as 40 years is a Ruby celebration.  I used masking again because I really can't stand big empty spaces on my layouts :).  

Instead of alpha cut-outs, I used a 70's photo of my older brods holding a streamer as my title -- PI SIGMA.  Added a vintage envelop/memo pad underneath courtesy of my friend, Catt (the scalloped cardstock's from her, too :D).




I embossed the scalloped cardstock with Cuttlebug Timepieces embossing folder highlighted with bronze acrylic paint as my main mount (though I know it should be a photo).  Maroon and royal blue mulberry papers were added for the scroll element of the sketch.


My journal are the main principles of the fraternity -- Paragon of Scholarship and Paglingkuran ang Sambayanan (Serve the People) standing for the initials of Pi Sigma.  The fraternity were founded right before the declaration of Martial Law in the Philippines in 1972 by nationalist student activists of the University of the Philippines.  Hence, the Serve the People principle.


I used my DIY coffee-stained sketch pad sheet daisies, DIY labels and heat embossed chipboard circle.  The journal was framed using bookplates I painted black and highlighted with bronze.

Instead of hearts, I used the fraternity logo and added a chipboard #4 in reference to the 40th anniversary.  I just added two more heat embossed chipboard circles instead of hearts again.


I just made those organza roses myself.  Those are actually what I'm into right now after seeing a similar rose-embedded organza ribbons in a local textile/gown shop which costs almost $2 per yard! There was no way I would buy that!  So, I made some myself (albeit in smaller dimensions LOL!).  That was originally a white organza which I dipped into a diluted bronze acrylic paint, for the life of me I can't understand why it turned purplish LMAO!

Oh, happy times! (You could almost hear my laughter in that photo! LOL!)

Thanks for dropping by and sharing with my my own celebrations through scrapping. Have a very nice weekend!
 

5 comments:

  1. Wow... look at you go!! I am in love with your embossed silver piece and how you added the acrylic paint!! So fun!! Wonderful layout! Thanks for joining us at LM Again!!! :)
    Michele
    LMDT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the embossed cardstock, and what a story behind the photo! The roses are awesome, you put a ton of work into this layout. Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!

    Elizabeth LMDT
    http://visionsofpaper.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love the blue embossing and the bronze paint. Gorgeous! So many cute details. Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the embossed scalloped cardstock! Thanks for joining in our sketch challenge at the Filipino Scrapbookers Challenge Blog!

    Kath
    Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
    http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty layout Ces! Love the embossed cardstock:) thanks for playing along with us at the Filipino Scrapbookers Challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think :D